"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." - E.L. Doctorow

Thursday 22 December 2011

Brainstorming Aloud

Quote of the Day - "You must be very drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."

Alright, so I think it's official. My parents believe that I might actually have gone crazy since last time they checked. And I don't blame them. I came up with this new idea the other day and went around the house babbling about it for several hours - it didn't matter to me whether anyone was listening or not. And I wasn't talking to myself. I was brainstorming aloud. Perfectly normal thing to do, so it is.
It wasn't even one of my pretty, fairy, romantic ideas. It was a bit sick to be honest, but it's really blossoming into something. Obviously, there's a love story going on in the background (what book doesn't have one?), but it's pretty heavy stuff. Pain in the ass to plan out though because it's all futuristic and complicated.


And I've discovered that Ike is short for Isaac. I love the name Isaac (I love all those biblical names for guys - Noah, Gabriel, Joshua, Jonah) and I liked the name Ike, but I was always scared it was going to be short for something awful. But it's not, so there you go.


What else... what else...


I have an aim. Well, I have several, but this one's important... kind of.
I have to have Just A Game completely finished before the New Year. AND my New Year's Resolution this year (apart from fixing my appalling diet and not sleeping in till lunchtime at the weekends and going to sleep early and... yeah) is to get published before October 5th, 2012.
Let's see if I can manage it.


And I've totally sent my Santa letter and guess what's right up at the tippy top...
This: http://www.hebeldesign.com/Words-Have-The-Power-To-Change-Us-Scroll-Pendant-MIPEND5.htm. It's not coming on time for Christmas Day, but hell, I couldn't care less. I'm getting it. I think that's the point.


So, I have my new, sick, futuristic work of art to dream up - more on that at another time.


Over an' out.

(Quote of the Day by Rad Bradbury.)

No comments:

Post a Comment