"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." - E.L. Doctorow

Saturday 19 November 2011

In A Nutshell: Bangable

Alright, so I've made a little promise to myself and that promise is to finish all the books that I own and haven't read, before the year is out. So, it's a nice little challenge that I'll have to fit somwhere into my schedule... not that I have a daily schedule or anything. I mean, I'm normal, so why would I have something like that? That's just ridiculous. Jeez...

The List:
  1. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
  2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  3. The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride) by James Patterson
  4. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  5. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
  6. Romeo & Juliet & Vampires by William Shakespeare and Claudie Gabel

So, I guess I should start Silence later on today...
Yeah, so you can probably see that I'm one of those girls. One of those girls who just can't get enough of the ol' YA fantasy romace stuff. And I have a major thing for vampires, so as you can imagine... Twilight.

Oh, yes. I said it.

I hate to admit it, but I was once one of those kids who'd rape Edward Cullen if I saw him in the street. And he wasn't Robert Pattinson, or anything, because Edward was real and one day, I'd kill Bella and marry him like nothing normal... Yup... Not some of my finer moments, but what can you do?
Luckily, I'm one of those fangirls who discovered the Mortal Instruments and realised, with mind-blowing shock, that there are better books out there! As impossible as it may have seemed at the time! Now, most books I've read, beat the Twilight Saga. But the movies... Well, see, I have this tradition of sorts with a bunch of my crazier cousins. We always - always - see the Twilight movies the first day they come out (we have a lot of memories based round these movies), but recently it's more of a "We have to do it because we've always done it" kind of thing, as opposed to "Holy mother of sweet Jesus - we're going to see Twilight!"
But there's no denying that they're entertaining movies, in all fairness.


So, back to books. Books, books, books.
I bought Wither today. It looks really interesting. It's different. No vampires, or werewolves - no mythical creatures at all, actually... Bit odd for me.
And as for Silence, here's Amazon's run-down:

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
I've read the entire Hush Hush Saga and all I can say is that Patch is... fwoah.
Now, 'fwoah' is an impossibly powerful word. In that word is contained so many other words and expressions. I will explain it in depth someday, but in a nutshell, it means 'bangable', to be blunt. If I had to chose my favourite of the notorious YA hunks, it would be a toss-up between Patch Cipriano and Jace Wayland. But of course, neither could win.
Why?
Because my heart's always going to belong to Jem freaking Carstairs.
I love that guy. So, as a warning, my reading list up there is going to be messed up bigtime when Clockwork Prince comes out. I've had it preordered from the Book Depository since May and it's not even coming out till December 6th (*tear*).
And that brings us on to my Cassandra Clare addiction... How about we don't deal with this right now... It's difficult to talk about...

Over an' Out ;)

Next Time... Fwoah: An In-Depth Definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment